HomeLight is a real estate website and company that uses the latest tech-driven data to create a vast network of buyers, sellers, and agents. Their vision is to create faster, hassle-free real estate transactions. They provide top professional agents to help sell/buy a house. Apart from these standard features they also help investors and home sellers find each other easily.
HomeLight Simple Sale is a platform of HomeLight dedicated to getting instant Cash Offers on homes. Also known as Homelight Cash Offers this platform uses accurate neighborhood data combined with local experts (real estate agents) to give you the best Cash Offer on the house you are selling no matter the condition of your home.
💸 Cash Offer On House: See What it Means for Home Sellers and Buyers.
What is HomeLight Simple Sale?
HomeLight Simple Sale is an all-cash offer platform where a seller can sell their homes quickly. A seller can sell a house ‘as-is’ even if a house is in poor conditions. HomeLight uses local neighbourhood data and local professional agents in your area to put up a genuine cash offer on your home. HomeLight Cash Offers is the perfect tool when you want to sell your home in a financial crisis.
Traditionally, selling your home through listing via an agent or agency is a lengthy and complicated process. It involves a lot of paperwork, middlemen commissions and a longer closing window. HomeLight Simple Sale is the one-stop shop solution if you don’t have time for these procedures.
HomeLight Simple Sale gets you a cash offer on your home within 48 hours. Normally, a traditional sale involves listing your home on the local MLS for sale. Then you get an offer on your home which takes a formidable amount of time. Further, you have to repair any damages to the house if any to display it accurately on the market. After this when the sale is finalized, the closing window is generally at least 20-30 days. During this process, you must keep up with the paperwork at all the necessary steps.
Why HomeLight Cash Offers?
HomeLight Cash Offers will rescue you if you don’t have any time for a lengthy process. This platform also claims to provide an honest estimation of your home through HomeLight Simple Sale compared to you listing your home on the MLS.
Besides this, as an extra bonus, HomeLight Simple Sale suggests the top-rated agents in your locality who sell the most at your home’s price range. This in turn will help you get better educated about your home’s offering if at all you are interested in listing through your top local agent. If you wish to ignore this, there’s always the possibility of getting an instant cash offer.
HomeLight Simple Sale also guarantees a closing window of only 10 days. Ultimately, the best feature of this platform is that you can sell your home AS-IS, without any liable repairs or renovations.
🧠Keep in Mind: The National Association of Realtors®️ have concluded due to research that cash sales increased from 16% in 2020 to 23% in 2021. This is because of a spike in companies offering cash for homes instantly. Also, average cost for selling a house nationally is $31,308 with an average spend of $5,500 for pre-listing preparations itself. Another important thing to remember is that compared to traditionally listing your home for sale you generally get a lower price when you ‘sell your house as-is’.
💰Cash Offer on a House: Here’s Why you should consider it?
How Does HomeLight Cash Offer Work?
A Step by Step guide will help you comprehend the process easily;
🌟Step 1: Fill out the Home’s Address
You have to enter your home’s address on the HomeLight Simple Sale portal viz, https://www.homelight.com/simple
🌟Step 2: Enter details about your Property
After the previous step you are asked to add information about your home’s current condition, necessary repairs and your required sale closing duration.
🌟Step 3: Analyse your Cash Offers and Seller Agent Options
At this step, HomeLight Simple Sale will give you an honest all-cash offer on your home without any agent commission or hidden fees. Besides this they provide comparative prices of listing your home through your area’s top local agents. All this information will help you make a well educated decision.
🌟Step 4: Closing Time
The moment you accept the HomeLight Cash Offer on your home you can close the sale in as low as 10 days only. The best part of HomeLight Simple Sale is that you can sell your home in any condition nationwide.
🎩Top Real Estate Agents: America’s 10 Top Real Estate Agents You NEED to Know
Is HomeLight Simple Sale Legit?
Yes, HomeLight Simple Sale is completely legitimate and all cash offers through this platform are licit. Sell your house as is or list it through a top local agent in your area. Basically, this platform’s primary goal is to match sellers with cash buyers or local real estate agents.
HomeLight Simple Sale for Buyers/Property Investors
HomeLight Simple Sale is a decent platform for investors who are scouting properties to invest in. They have an arsenal of top-rated agents who help keep the network of HomeLight Cash Offers strong.
HomeLight Simple Sale for Sellers
Home Cash Offers are prominent in getting you a Cash Offer on your home instantly. A HomeLight Simple Sale Rep will get in touch within 48 hours to know intact details about your home. HomeLight uses its buyer network to get all instant offers on the home for sale. This platform is of great use when you wish to sell your house instantly.
When Should You Use HomeLight Simple Sale?
The ultimate necessity to use this platform would arise when you want to sell your home instantly and get cash offers on the home.
Instant HomeLight Cash Offers would help get you cash offers fast when you don’t have enough time to go through the process of a traditional sale. yes, a traditional sale might give you a better price on your home, but the important paperwork and home prep will not give you instant cash. Also, under most traditional sale circumstances, you cannot sell your House AS IS.
🏠 Selling a House AS IS: 8 Questions on Selling a House AS IS.
Conditions for When You Could Use HomeLight Cash Offers?
1. If Your Home Needs Obligatory Repairs Before Selling
When you sell your home as is to an investor, it is obvious you will get a cut of 50-60% lesser compared to selling your home repaired to the perfect condition. But then again, repairing and renovating the home also incurs a heavy cost. Selling a home in distress would result in the investor or buyer making a profit but HomeLight Simple Sale will give you a faster sale. In fact, a guarantee of 10 days closing window.
2. If You Want Access to Quick Cash
Suppose you are facing a very grave financial problem in life due to unforeseen circumstances or other life events. You are in dire need of finances in life. The HomeLight Cash Offers platform will help liquidize your property instantly into cash.
3. When You Want to Sell an Inherited Property
Inherited properties hold emotional value but practically, maintaining this property involves regular repairs and payment of property taxes. HomeLight Simple Sale is great for selling inherited properties.
If time is not your problem and you want your true home’s price, you could list your home with Houzeo.com
A free listing service with a flat fee listing service. All in one place. Get your property listed now!
HomeLight Simple Sale Reviews
HomeLight Cash Offer Reviews take up a fair amount of space on the internet. But considering all transparency we conclude that The HomeLight Simple Sale platform is helpful. The presence of positive reviews is more compared to negative reviews so it is only reasonable to check both sides of this coin.
HomeLight Cash Offer Reviews from Real Estate Companies
A lot of top-rated real estate brands, companies, and websites have passed a researched judgment on HomeLight and HomeLight Simple Sale.
Real Estate Witch by Clever Real Estate has written a blog about the HomeLight Simple Sale. Their HomeLight Cash Offer Reviews has great insights about this platform’s intent and functioning. They have rated HomeLight Simple Sale, 4.5 stars out of 5.
Upnest.com also gives considerate HomeLight Simple Sale Reviews which balance towards the positive side.
HomeLight Cash Offer Reviews from Customers
✅Great Options for Top Professional Agents
HomeLight Simple Sale offers a wide range of top professional agents to help make your sale faster, smoother and better. This realization came upon Luann when she did a sale for the first time through this platform.
✅Efficiently Fast Closing Durations
The best advantage of HomeLight Cash Offers is their guaranteed 10-day closing window. Robert seems to have gotten the maximum advantage of this feature.
✅Strong Interconnection of Network between Realtors and Other Real Estate Companies
Clearly, from this review, we can come to an understanding that HomeLight Simple Sale has a multiple-sourced network to help sell the home faster.
✅Optimum Website with multiple requirement specific options plus a great customer service
HomeLight Simple Sale is easy to handle. They provide a quite decent service too. Moreover, you get to specify your needs and wants regarding the conditions of the home and sale.
❌Incompetent,Disorganized and Fraudulent Intent Detected
Considering if the scenario above is real or not, we advise you strictly make reassuring background checks on the agent involved in the sale. Also, scan through all the terms and conditions of the sale.
❌Paid Promotion to balance any negative image
Alternatives to HomeLight Simple Sale
Other than HomeLight Cash Offers there are a lot of other brands working parallel on the same terms. Tons of other companies like “We Buy Houses for Cash” companies and iBuyer(instant buyer) companies could be your other options too. But here we will strictly inform about companies that buy houses for cash instantly only. The advantage of ibuyers is that you would most definitely get 97-98% of the market price of your home’s value. But this is a lengthier process
Here is a list of companies that buy houses for cash;
🔥 BEST FLAT FEE MLS LISTING SERVICE
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to list on MLS and get access to all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites.
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints.
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees.
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Houzeo has a strong network of top real estate companies that buy houses for cash. Houzeo’s ultra-wide coverage ensures your listed home is seen by every possible investor or buyer.
Opendoor is the country’s biggest iBuyer. They offer fast cash for homes and flexible closing timelines. Opendoor makes competitive offers, but these are far less than your property can get on the open market.
- Service Fee: 5% of Home Sale Price
- Typical Offer: 70% to 100% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Types of Properties Purchased: Opendoor offers cash for houses only in desirable neighborhoods. If your property needs minimal repairs, Opendoor is an option for you. Otherwise, you may not even receive a preliminary cash offer from Opendoor.
- Closing Date & Offer Terms: Opendoor provides a flexible closings, with dates up to 45 days out. Opendoor’s offers are not flexible, and final terms may change after home inspection.
- Limited Coverage: Opendoor only covers 51 markets.
🚩 You Should Know: For the ease of a fast cash offer and flexible closing, you may pay up to 13% of your home’s sale price in service fees. Opendoor’s final cash offer is calculated after deducting home repair costs and closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Opendoor could be the best company to sell your house fast if they purchase properties in your zip code. Remember—an MLS listing on Houzeo.com will automatically put you in front of Opendoor and other iBuyers for an instant cash offer.
» Opendoor Reviews: Everything you need to know about America’s biggest iBuyer
- Excellent for experienced home sellers with desirable properties
- The repair cost breakdown isn’t disclosed in the offer
- Not suitable for first-timers or FSBO sellers
- The sales process may feel rushed, and the home seller has negligible control over the sale
- The difference between Opendoor’s preliminary offer vs. final offer can be humongous
- Home sellers receive cash offers within 24-48 hours, only on the properties that are in Opendoor’s coverage.
Opendoor has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Reviews.io.
» Opendoor Review: Is Opendoor the best cash home buyer in 2023?
👎 Limited Coverage: Opendoor offers cash for houses only in 51 markets, and some of the top markets are Boston, Albuquerque, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Birmingham, Modesto & Stockton, Galveston, Miami, San Francisco, San Jose, etc.
👍 Rankings of Local Cash Buyers: In case Opendoor doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider local companies that buy houses for cash:
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Alabama
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Arizona
- We Buy Houses for Cash in California
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Florida
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Georgia
- We Buy Houses for Cash in North Carolina
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Ohio
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Tennessee
- We Buy Houses for Cash in Texas
Though OpenDoor is an iBuyer it also offers cash for homes with a Fair Market Vale. Alike to HomeLight Simple Sale, Opendoor also offers a very small and sometimes flexible closing window.
3. Express HomeBuyers
As-Is Cash Home Buyer Network
Express Homebuyers is a real estate investor network that makes all-cash offers on houses. This home-buying company is best for sellers who don’t wish to prep their property or make repairs as they buy properties “as-is.”
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Distressed properties with structural issues, condemned properties, couples going through a divorce, a death in the family, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: Express Homebuyers purchase homes in under 7 days, or a convenient date of your choice.
👉 Our Take: Express Homebuyers is great to unload an extremely distressed property. However, if your house needs minimal repairs only, then you should consider listing on the MLS.
» Express Homebuyers Reviews: Is there really no service fee?
- Fast Cash Offer: Express Homebuyers presents a preliminary cash offer within 7 minutes!
- No Obligations Offers: You will get a free, no-obligation offer for your property even damaged ones.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Express Homebuyers offers cash for houses in almost all states, including top states like California, Texas, and Florida.
- Flexible Closing Date: Closing dates can be finalized as per the owner’s terms.
- No Additional Charges: Express Homebuyers has no service fees, they even pay the closing costs.
- Sell As-Is: You save on repair costs, and sell your house as-is.
» What is Express Homebuyers? Check this out to know more about them.
- Poor Customer Support: Previous clients have complained about their lack of communication and half hearted responses.
- Non-Negotiable Offer: Express Homebuyers will not offer more than 70% of your property’s fair market value. After a thorough home inspection, they quote an offer based on the after-repair value.
Express Homebuyers has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars with 112 reviews on Google Reviews.
» Express Homebuyers Review: Check out our exclusive reviews of Express Homebuyers.
We Buy Houses
Dealing with a cash buyer company like We Buy Houses (WeBuyHouses.com) is like selling your home to a local real estate investor. We Buy Houses “thoroughly” vets their investors before authorizing them to operate independent offices in their respective jurisdictions. This cash home buyer caters to distressed home sellers and is known to buy properties as-is.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Types of Properties Purchased: All kinds of ugly houses, i.e., distressed properties with structural issues, couples going through a divorce, a death in the family, flawed mortgage financing, inherited homes, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Date & Offer Terms: We Buy Houses provides a flexible closing date, up to 60 days out. Offer terms are inflexible, but you can try negotiating for a better cash offer and terms.
- Near-Nationwide Coverage: WeBuyHouses.com pays cash for houses in 2,700 cities nationwide.
🚩 You Should Know: We Buy Houses is a pre-vetted real estate investor network and operates on a franchise model. Some franchisee offices may use controversial tactics to close the cash transaction.
👉 Our Take: We Buy Houses operates franchises with independent, pre-vetted, local real estate investors. The quality of service depends on your location, so it’s best to check the customer reviews of the local We Buy Houses franchise before requesting a cash offer.
» We Buy Houses Reviews: Everything you need to know about WeBuyHouses.com
- Get an offer within two days & close in just seven days
- Private network of pre-vetted real estate investors
- Once an offer has been made, there is little to no space for negotiation.
- Most homes get paid less cash than the fair market value.
- Only interested investors will evaluate your home full cash offer will be made for your house.
- We Buy Houses’ final cash offer is usually in line with the preliminary cash offer unless the appraiser deducts anything during the home inspection.
👎 Zero Customer Reviews: We Buy Houses has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
👍 Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has a stellar rating of 5.0 stars on Google and 4.9 stars on Trustpilot.
We Buy Houses makes cash offers on houses in 49 states with 2,700 offices nationwide.
HomeLight Simple Sale Pros and Cons
😁Instant Cash Offer with a very fast closing
😁Huge Network of Top Professional & Local Agents
😁Systematized Website for better control
😁Zero Medium dependant Commission during the sale
😟Homes Sell for 30-50% below the Market Value
Should You Sell Your Home Through HomeLight Simple Sale?
The HomeLight Cash Offers platform is quite dependent in times of financial crisis. You will get instant preliminary cash offers within 48 hours maximum.
You even have an option of listing through your top local agent for a better sale price. Overall, We would recommend HomeLight Simple Sale provided you are completely aware of their system on your part.
HomeLight Simple Sale also offers a portal for investors or home buyers. Signing up firstly involves you adding your contact information and then about your real estate business. You are supposed to tell them if you are a licensed agent or not. When you are an investor it is expected that you should’ve at least bought and sold 10 properties. Lastly, they ask about your investment strategy and the types of listing services you offer.
Frequently Asked Questions About HomeLight Simple Sale
Is HomeLight Simple Sale Legit?
Yes, HomeLight Simple Sale is a legit platform for home sellers to get instant cash. It is an excellent service to get cash offers within a short period. Almost $1M worth of homes has been sold and bought through this platform.
How Much is HomeLight Simple Sale Commission?
HomeLight Simple Sale charges no extra commission to list your home on this platform. If you choose to sell through HomeLight Cash Offers you don't have to pay anything as medium obligatory price unless you choose a top real estate agent to list locally.
How Does HomeLight Simple Sale Work?
When you list a home through this platform, chances are you will already have a preliminary cash offer. Otherwise, a HomeLight Rep will contact you within a day and you will get cash offers in as less as 48 hours. A closing window of 10 days gives you a very fast sale on your home.
Related: cash buyerHomeLight Simple Sale Reviews Real Estate Reviews