From Los Angeles to New York, and everywhere in between, Americans are saving thousands by not paying the traditional 5% to 6% real estate agent commission.
A Flat Fee Realtor is an agent or broker who charges a fixed fee to help you buy or sell. For home sellers, this fixed fee can range from $349 to $5,000 to list and sell your house. For home buyers, Flat Fee Realtors will return thousands of dollars back to you in buyer rebates, where legal.
👌 Why Choose a Flat Fee Realtor
- You Will Save Thousands: On an average home, a Flat Fee Realtor can help you save up to $10,000 in agent commissions.
- Better Technology: Flat fee Realtors typically tend to be more innovative than traditional real estate agents.
- 5-Star Customer Support: Many Flat Fee Realtors provide stellar customer service. They have ratings of 4.5 or higher with thousands of reviews.
Rankings: 7 Best Flat Fee Realtors & Companies
We’ve spent thousands of hours reviewing and rating America’s best Flat Fee Realtors and companies. Our rankings reflect our assessment of important factors for home buyers and sellers.
|Flat Fee Realtor & Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||Hidden Fees||100% online||Average Rating|
|1. Houzeo||$349||✅||❌||✅||4.9 / 5.0 stars|
|2. Homie||$3500||✅||❌||❌||4.3 / 5.0 stars|
|3. Beycome||$299||❌||❌||✅||4.5 / 5.0 stars|
|4. List With Freedom||$295||❌||🚩 0.25%||❌||4.3 / 5.0 stars|
|5. Fizber||$295||❌||$15 - $50||❌||3.1 / 5.0 stars|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$399||❌||0.75%||❌||No reviews found|
|7. Homecoin||$95||❌||🚩 $450||✅||3.5 / 5.0 stars|
Reviews: Best Flat Fee Realtors & Companies
#1 Flat Fee Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC!. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is America’s #1 ranked Flat Fee service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $299, the Silver at $399+, and the Gold at $429. Sellers can ask for the full-service Platinum package which costs $999+.
FLAT RATE PACKAGE
Homie offers one flat rate package for home sellers and a few services to home buyers.
For Home Sellers
- List at $3,500: You get agent representation, local MLS listing, exposure on popular real estate websites, contract negotiation, etc.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate Program: Use Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance to earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing.
- Homie Cash™: Make an all-cash offer with this feature and increase the chances of getting offers. You can close the deal in 10 days with Homie Cash™. But it comes with a 1% program fee.
👉 Our Take: Homie’s services can benefit both home sellers and buyers. But, they provide more services for home buyers including a cash rebate. So, we recommend Homie to home buyers over sellers.
Homie offers flat rate services to home sellers and rebates to buyers.
- Agent Support: Homie provides agent representation services to home sellers. However, they do not provide in-person support and visits. With Homie’s agent’s support, an experienced home seller may find their service useful.
- Homie-to-Homie: Depending on the state, the seller can eliminate the buyer agent commission if they sell to a Homie buyer.
During our research, we found some drawbacks in the services of Homie, here are some that stood out:
- Below-par Agent Service: Many customers revealed that their experience with Homie’s agents was sub-par. Customers have accused numerous Homie agents of miscommunication, lack of knowledge, and lack of experience.
- No Checks and Balances: Homie has many real estate agents, but fails to offer consistent results. While many customers had successful transactions, quite a number of them had a bad experience as well.
Homie has a total of 4.3 out of 5 stars from 793 total reviews on Google.
» Homie Reviews: Reviews, Alternatives, and Everything You Need to Know.
Homie’s $3,500 package allows sellers to list and sell their homes. Whereas, home buyers can earn a cash rebate, an all-cash offer, and more.
We recommend Homie to experienced sellers and buyers. If you wish to use Homie, ensure to follow up with them thoroughly to get your work done.
Average Tech, Average Service
Beycome Brokerage Realty LLC offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages for homeowners:
- Basic Package – $99: This package will get you listed on the MLS with unlimited changes to your listing. This package is available in all the 10 states they cover.
- Enhanced Package – $399: You get a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, brochures, and one key lockbox. You can also add a virtual tour video to your listing. This package is available only in 8 states.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package. This package is available only in 6 states.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. We recommend their Enhanced Package priced at $399.
Beycome offers good service in the selected states they are available in:
- Unrestricted Revisions and Edits: You can make unlimited changes in description, photos, or price adaptions in your listing. You can also easily switch to a full-service package anytime.
- Expert Assistance, if Needed: You can get expert assistance on all 7 days of the week in English and Spanish.
In our research, we came across some deal breakers with Beycome.
- You’ll Be Constantly Upsold the Title Service: Beycome also owns a title company, which will be pitched to you repeatedly.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is only available in 10 states.
- Average Customer Reviews: Most customers had to manage logistics, price negotiation showings, and closing all by themselves. Customers also complained about the lack of customer support and the delay in resolving issues.
- Average Technology: Beycome technology helps you with listing your home on the MLS. Leads, inspections, appraisals, etc. are managed offline so the process can be cumbersome.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: You need to have a good handle on buying and selling real estate, including closing costs and seller disclosures.
Beycome has 4.5 out of 5 stars (338 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google Reviews.
» Beycome Reviews: Know why it is not the best way to sell with Beycome in 2023.
Beycome’s MLS listing packages are reasonably priced and offer legal forms, seller’s disclosures, an Open House scheduler, and customer support. We recommend the $399 Enhanced Package for FSBO home sellers.
Beycome’s technology is limited and won’t help you with scheduling and review of home inspections, home appraisals, and closings. Separately, you’ll have to be very diligent and manage leads manually outside the platform too.
4. List With Freedom
NO PRICING ASSISTANCE
List With Freedom
List With Freedom provides 3 packages which range from $149- $295.
- Gold Package – $149: This package allows listing for 6 months and 6 photo uploads with unlimited changes.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on Closing.
👉 Our Take: List With Freedom can be a decent choice for experienced sellers who do not require much assistance. We recommend the Platinum Package priced at $195 for easy listing.
List With Freedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based in Florida. Here are some of their best features:
- Inexpensive Pricing Plans: The range of MLS listing plans start at $149.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make an unlimited number of modifications to your listings with any of their packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
- Quick Listing: The MLS listing procedure is fast, and listings are quickly syndicated to other real estate websites.
List With Freedom has two major drawbacks a seller should know about.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing (over your one-time flat fee payment). This closing cost is not mentioned on their pricing page. Keep in mind that for certain states even a 0.25% additional commission can be pretty expensive.
- Average Customer Reviews: ListWithFreedom does not enjoy robust customer reviews. Past sellers said that their experience was just average thanks to the lack of pricing and negotiation assistance.
List With Freedom Reviews has 4.3 out of 5 stars from 1,696 total reviews on Trustpilot.
» Listwithfreedom.com: Check out the pros, cons, alternatives, and what legit customer reviews have to say about List With Freedom.
List With Freedom has affordable listing packages that are ideal for an experienced seller. You can only get MLS listings with List with Freedom as they do not provide any pricing or negotiation assistance.
If you are new to the real estate market you will need guidance throughout the selling process!
LOW ON TECH
Fizber is an agent referral company that offers 4 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Free FSBO Listing – $0: Your home is listed on Fizber’s website only.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: You get a featured listing on Fizber, Redfin, and an Open House Manager. Your home gets listed on Redfin and Fizber itself. You get an Open House Manager. However, this package does not list your home on the MLS.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: Your home is listed on the MLS with just 6 photos. The listing is syndicated to Fizber and hundreds of other real estate websites.
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: You can list your home on the MLS with maximum photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $295 MLS Boost Package, as it offers maximum exposure to your property with unlimited photos.
Here’s why you can consider listing with Fizber.com:
- Competitively Priced FSBO MLS Listing Plan: Fizber’s MLS Boost Package is charged lesser than most of its competitors.
- Extra Services in Some States: In some states, Fizber offers extra listing photos and a longer listing term than what they have mentioned in the listing package. However, you need to connect with their customer service to check its availability in your state.
Here are some common issues we found while going through Fizber reviews online:
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Although Fizber advertises itself as being available nationwide, it is not. Further, your listing information is sold to a local agent, who then lists your home for you. Multiple reviews cite inactive agents and limited coverage in several states.
- Success Fee is Charged in Some States: If you are selling your property in Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming, you are required to pay a 0.5% success fee at closing. This is a hidden fee that is not mentioned anywhere apart from the pricing page on Fizber’s website.
- Extra Charges for Documents: Most FSBO listing services offer documents like seller’s disclosure, lead paint disclosure, contract for sale, and more for free. Fizber charges an extra $15 to $50 for the same.
Fizber has 3.1 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
» Fizber Reviews: Check out what customers experienced listing with Fizber.
Fizber is an online Flat Fee MLS listing platform with 3 paid plans starting from $95 to $295 with one free plan. They do offer maximum exposure to your property.
But with no guarantee from them, your selling process could get unpredictable. Their customers have complained of poor customer support multiple times in the past.
6. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some of the advantages of listing your home with this company are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain drawbacks of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
Since 2003, the Flat Fee Group has grown to serve clients in the United States by connecting independent real estate brokerages with sellers. Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee.
However, it works with a variety of different flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
Click Bait Alert
Homecoin’s $95 plan is designed to lure home sellers to purchase their MLS listing for a small $95 fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: Homecoin will get you listed on the MLS. This plan DOES NOT include managing showings, offers, lockbox, yard sign, or digital seller disclosures.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers. The $95 MLS listing sounds great, but most sellers need additional services. Homecoin significantly over-charges for these services.
There are 2 key advantages to Homecoin.
- MLS Exposure: A Flat Fee MLS listing via Homecoin will get you on the MLS and in front of thousands of buyers.
- Covers 11 States: Homecoin covers California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
We really wanted to like this service, but in our research we found several issues with Homecoin.
- The $95 Listing is the Bait: Homecoin’s $95 listing includes just a basic entry-only listing in the MLS. Homecoin will charge you extra for features like showings management with a lockbox, ability to counter an offer, or request highest & best offer. You can end up paying thousands more for these.
- Upgrades are Overpriced: Homecoin’s yard sign is expensive at $69 + $97 (for the post), if you want to manage showings, you have to rent a lockbox for $125 + $120 desposit. A standard forms help package is $400.
- Key Features are Not Available: In many states, key essentials are missing in Homecoin’s offerings. Without these, you risk turning-off buyers and buyer agents. These essential features include a showing service to manage showings, inspections, appraisal, and closing. Broker contract review & support is also not available in many areas. Homecoin calls this “Seller Forms Help (Premium)”. It should be available if you need it. You also don’t have the ability to counter an offer, or request highest & best. These are essential services in our opinion.
- Limited Customer Service via Phone: Homecoin provides decent customer service over text and email. The service is difficult to reach via phone.
- Dashboard is Clunky: Homecoin does not auto-populate listing data from public sources. So you have to fill all the listing data manually. Sellers have complained that this can take a lot of time.
Note: Homecoin’s offerings vary by region. Our research was in 28025 zipcode.
Homecoin Reviews: Homecoin.com has a 4.6 out of 5 star rating from 50 sellers on Google Reviews.
Homecoin is a For Sale By Owner website that offers a single MLS listing package, priced at $95. You can avail of their rental lockbox, professional real estate photographs, or signposts at additional costs. We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers.
While the $95 flat fee is definitely attractive, the additional features come with a hefty price point. Further, Homecoin’s limited coverage may make it difficult for many Americans to benefit from their MLS access package.
What is a Flat Fee Realtor?
A flat fee Realtor is an individual or a company that charges a flat fee for a real estate transaction. Irrespective of whether your home sells for $250,000 or $500,000 you pay a pre-determined price to list and sell it. Unlike popular opinion, flat fee Realtors provide better services than traditional Realtors without compromising on quality.
Flat-fee real estate companies like Houzeo have a proven track record of good customer reviews. There are a few differences between a flat fee Realtor and a traditional Realtor. Here is a comparison to understand the difference easily:
Flat Fee Realtors vs Traditional Commission Realtors
|Parametres||Flat Fee Full-Service Realtors||Traditional Commission Realtors|
|1. List on the MLS||✅||✅|
|2. Personalized Assistance||✅||✅|
|3. Paperwork Assistance||✅||✅|
|4. Host Showings & Open Houses||✅||✅|
|5. Significant Savings||✅||❌|
|6. Advanced-Tech Tools||✅||❌|
✅ Pros of a Flat Fee Realtor
- Huge Savings: Save on high average real estate commissions by paying a flat fee instead of a listing commission from 2.5% to 3%.
- Control Over Efforts: You get to decide how to promote your house, set up for home staging, hire a photographer, etc.
- Transparent Pricing Packages: Flat fee packages mention the listing period, number of photos for the MLS, and other services in their package. This transparency allows home sellers to choose the right plan for themselves.
❌ Cons of a Flat Fee Realtor
- Hidden Fees: Flat Fee MLS companies like FlatFeeByYou charge additional fees at closing. Their so-called flat fee packages do not disclose these hidden charges.
- Limited Services: Flat Fee Realtors will only help you list on MLS but often won’t help you with contracts, negotiations, showings, etc.
- Inexperienced Sellers May Struggle: Without real estate agents, first-time home sellers may struggle with the complicated home-selling process.
Cost to Work With Flat Rate Realtors
The cost varies on what type of service you choose amongst a flat fee agent, a virtual full-service package, or a limited-service flat rate agent. A full-service traditional agent charges between 2.5% and 3% commission.
But, you can save more using a Flat fee agent to list on the MLS for a small flat fee. Some costs to keep in mind during the transaction are:
- Additional Service Fee: Flat fee Realtors can charge you additional fees for listing changes, yard signs, seller’s disclosures, etc. You can choose the feature you wish to add and pay accordingly.
- Closing Fee: Most flat-fee MLS companies charge a straightforward fee for their services. But some companies may charge additional fees at closing.
- Extra Charge for Paperwork: A traditional real estate transaction usually includes a contract review and real estate forms. But most flat fee Realtors will charge extra for the same paperwork services.
Other Flat Fee Real Estate Services to Consider
- Flat Fee MLS Listing: List your property on the MLS with the help of Flat Fee MLS companies and save thousands of dollars while selling your house.
- Flat Rate Full-Service: Sell your home after paying a 4-digit flat fee to get everything from an MLS listing to negotiation.
- Low Commission Transaction: Reduced commission Realtors or discount real estate brokers will charge you less than a 2% commission to sell a property.
- Virtual Full-Service: List and sell your home with the help of virtual full-service companies like Houzeo and Beycome. Their tools will help you navigate the entire real estate transaction online.
Is a Flat Fee Realtor Worth Your Time?
Yes, a Flat Fee Realtor is worth your time.
As a home seller, you save on listing commission with a fixed fee Realtor by paying a small fee. The fee will include basic features like MLS listing, photographs, yard signs, etc. Flat fee packages don’t include home staging, showings, offer management, etc.
That’s why flat-rate real estate transactions are best suited for experienced sellers. But first-time home sellers won’t struggle with Houzeo to sell their houses. Houzeo has a user-friendly website and mobile app that is easy for everyone to use.
Whether you’re new to home selling or not, you get the same services. With Houzeo, home sellers can benefit from a flat fee transaction and save on their home sales. Check out Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS services and choose a package of your choice.
Best Flat Fee Realtors Near Me
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is flat fee real estate?
Flat fee real estate is where a company or Realtor charges a fixed rate for real estate transactions. They may either charge a reduced commission or a fixed fee to represent the sellers and buyers.
2. Are flat fee realtors good?
Yes, flat fee realtors and companies are good. Flat Fee MLS listing companies, low commission realtors, flat rate Realtors provide stellar seller services and cash rebates to home buyers.
3. How do flat fee realtors work?
Flat Fee Realtors provide their service through their listing packages. The companies may provide MLS listing packages or full-service plans which include paperwork assistance too.
4. What is the disadvantage of flat rate Realtors?
The disadvantage of flat rate realtors and companies is the limited services. Unlike traditional realtors, flat-rate realtors will only provide selected services. Many flat-fee realtors will charge you extra for additional services.
5. Can you negotiate rate with a Realtor?
Yes, you can negotiate the rate with a realtor. You can negotiate real estate commission and rate based on the location, market health, and condition of your house.
6. What is the difference between Full-service listing and Flat Fee listing?
A full-service listing would provide you with full assistance from listing your home on MLS till the closing time. While a flat fee listing will only help you list your home on MLS, the home sellers are responsible to handle the further home selling process by themselves.
Related: Real Estate Housing Market, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, flat fee realtor near me, flat fee realty, flat-rate, mls flat fee, flat fee real estate, $5000 flat fee realtor, flat fee listing MLS, flat fee real estate brokerages, flat fee real estate commission, benefits of a flat fee realtor, flat fee listing agent, flat fee home selling, flat rate realtor near me, flat fee commission real estate, fixed fee real estate agents, flat rate real estate agent, flat rate commission real estate.
Related: flat fee broker near me, flat rate real estate broker, flat fee brokers near me, real estate flat fee, flat rate broker, flat fee vs commission real estate, sell my home flat fee, flat fee brokers, flat fee real estate agent, flat fee commission realtors, flat fee real estate brokers near me, flat rate realtors, fixed price real estate agents, how does flat fee realty work, flat rate fee real estate, flat rate listing agent, realtor flat fee, flat fee to sell your home, fixed rate realtor, flat fee listing agent near me, flat fee real estate agents, real estate agent flat fee, flat fee real estate companies, real estate broker flat fee, flat rate real estate listing, flat fee mls broker near me, flat rate realtors near me, flat mls fee, flat rate real estate.Uncategorized