Should I List With ListWithFreedom?
- Pros: ListWithFreedom has been in business for several years.
- Cons: ListWithFreedom charges high hidden fees. Specifically, they charge between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing, in addition to the flat fee you pay to list. This closing fee is not disclosed upfront on the pricing page. Their technology is also weak.
- Our Take: We do not recommend ListWithFreedom for most home sellers. The 0.25% fee at closing is too high for states that ListWithFreedom covers. Separately, they only have average reviews and technology.
👉Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront
Flat Fee MLS services have grown in popularity with home sellers since the U.S. Department of Justice promoted their advantages. ListWithFreedom.com is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based in Florida.
ListWithFreedom.com claims to be the best in the market. They save you thousands in commissions and have a fairly decent track record. However, some of the List with freedom reviews online tell another story. Read on to find out more.
What is ListWithFreedom.com?
Since its inception in 2005, ListWithFreedom.com, Inc. has established itself as one of the fastest-growing listing companies in the United States. Unlike the traditional selling route, List With Freedom lists your property on the MLS for a flat fee upfront. It does not include the regular buyer’s agent commission, which is often between 2% and 3%.
The primary goal of ListWithFreedom.com is to sell your home in the shortest amount of time possible. They do this by advertising and marketing your home to potential buyers directly on Zillow, Realtor.com, Homefinder, Frontdoor, Facebook, Realestate.com, and Homes.com.
Bear in mind, that they only list your home on the MLS and provide no pricing or negotiation assistance whatsoever. As a result, if you’re a first-time seller, List with Freedom might not be the greatest solution for you.
👉 How to List on the MLS: Read our Guide to Save Thousands on Commissions!
Listwithfreedom.com is serviceable in most states and counties except for a select few. They are licensed as a real estate brokerage in Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee. They partner with a flat fee or discount real estate brokers in other areas for listing services.
How Does Listwithfreedom.com Work?
List with Freedom acts as an MLS listing broker that reduces your listing commission to a small upfront flat fee. They do however take a fraction of the buyer’s agent fee. Let’s elaborate on the process.
|1.||You pick an MLS listing package according to your varying listing terms and needs.|
|2.||Fill out online forms that detail your property.|
|3.||For maximum security, all forms will be filled out and signed online. even by the agents.|
|4.||Upload photos that will be syndicated with other websites like Zillow, Realtor.com among others|
|5.||And voila! Your property is listed on the MLS|
What You Should Know Before Listing With Listwithfreedom.com
List with Freedom offers affordable Flat Fee MLS packages but does not provide any hands-on help.
With Houzeo, you can save money and get more hands-on support! The basic and premium packages of Houzeo offer more features than other real estate platforms. Using a digital document and a user-friendly interface simplifies and speeds up the process.
1. ONLY a listing service
They are strictly a listing service. They do not provide any assistance with interpreting purchase offers, buyer negotiations, seller’s disclosures, transactions, or settlements.
Many alternative listing services, such as Houzeo, offer contract and pricing advice as well as negotiation assistance, particularly for first-time sellers.
2. HIDDEN Charges
Not all hidden fees at closing are disclosed upfront. This is primarily for those sellers who sell through a buyer’s agent. Listwithfreedom. com, the listing broker, deducts 0.25 percent of this commission as a “compliance fee.” According to Listwithfreedom.com, the buyer’s agent pays for this out of their compensation. But the agent fee is paid by the seller, so it’s essentially a hidden cost for the home seller.
👉 Closing Costs for Sellers: Know what your closing costs cover and ways you can lower them
3. Hidden COMMISSION
List With Freedom takes an extra 0.25% of your buyer’s agent commission, according to past lists with freedom reviews. This is in addition to the above-mentioned compliance cost. This might be limited to a few states.
Flat Fee Listing, No Hidden Costs
Houzeo discloses all costs upfront so you can sell your home by owner for a flat fee of $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How Much Does Listwithfreedom.com Really Cost?
List with Freedom offers packages starting at $89, but because they also include their commission, the buyer’s agent commission can add up quickly. To eliminate the agency commission, we recommend contacting the buyers directly.
There are four plans to choose from. They can be partly customized, and services like showing assistance and open houses can be added to lower-priced plans as well.
1. Silver Plan: $89
Includes a listing term of 6 months, 1 photo, syndication with other websites, buyer leads, listing forms and disclosures, unlimited number of changes, with additional services that are payable.
2. Gold Plan: $149
Enjoy the benefits of the silver plan plus 6 photos.
3. Platinum Plan: $195
Their most popular option, everything from their gold plan is included and you can post up to 25 photos
4. Platinum+ Plan: $295
The listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler, no restrictions on the number of photos, and you can post a virtual tour, making it ideal for those difficult-to-sell homes.
Furthermore, if your main intention is getting bang for the buck, investing a bit more to get the platinum plan will make the most sense.
Additional Charges You SHOULD Know About
Although List with Freedom provides great initial information on its website, consumers have mixed opinions about the service. However, several List with Freedom reviews claims that the company misrepresented its capabilities and charged an additional 0.1% fee.
1. Refund Policy
Is there a refund policy for List with Freedom real estate? Yes, but only if you did not sign the listing agreement within 14 days. They do, however, charge a non-refundable application fee of $50.
If you list via the GAMLS a Georgia MLS, you will be charged an additional $25 as a termination fee.
Selling With Listwithfreedom.com
According to many reviews of lists with freedom online, the selling a house process can be quite puzzling. They offer no assistance other than listing on the local MLS. Although they claim to save you thousands of dollars in agent support, hiring a broker will provide you with more hands-on assistance, that you will require anyway.
If you are comfortable with the process and merely require minimal showing assistance and syndicated listings, List with Freedom real estate is one of the better solutions available.
👉 How to Sell My House Fast: Find out how you can sell your house fast while maximizing your net proceeds
Pros and Cons
List with freedom real estate scores a whopping 4.3 out of 5 from 1,694 reviews on Trustpilot, with mostly good reviews.
✅ Positive Listwithfreedom Reviews
- Inexpensive pricing plans: The range of MLS listing plans start at $85.
- Unlimited listing charges: On all packages, you can make an unlimited number of modifications to your listings.
- Buyer leads forwarded to you: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
- Quick listing: The MLS listing procedure is fast, and listings are quickly syndicated to other real estate websites.
❌ Negative Listwithfreedom Reviews
- No pricing and buyer negotiation assistance: They only provide listing services. You will need agent assistance for buyer negotiations and pricing.
- Hidden fees of 0.25% commission: A compliance fee is collected from the buyer agent commission.
- Hidden commission of 0.1% in some states: As stated in many lists with freedom reviews, they charge an additional 0.1% fee in some states.
- Cancellation refund: You will receive the refund only if the listing agreement is not signed.
- Additional fees: A non-refundable application fee of $50 is not mentioned upfront.
- Only for experienced sellers: It has a difficult user interface for a first-time seller.
List With Freedom Customer Reviews
List with Freedom reviews has a 4.3 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot. Some Listwithfreedom reviews are conflicting in terms of customer service. The customer support of List with Freedom is rated as helpful by some Trustpilot reviews, while others do not.
✅ List with Freedom made the process of selling a home easier delighted!
✅ List with Freedom provides great assistance and gives the selling broker several exposures!
❌ Customers are not well served by List with Freedom.
❌ They explained the sluggishness of Listwithfreedom and their lack of concern for customer satisfaction.
👉 Houzeo Reviews: You NEED to Read These 2023 Reviews!
Alternatives to ListWithFreedom.com Inc
Listwithfreedom.com vs Houzeo.com
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo is one of the most popular FSBO websites in the US, offering superior flat fee MLS listing services. The entire process, from listing your home to closing, is simple and completely online. Plus, there’s more. They don’t charge any hidden fees or a commission on listings.
You can modify your packages to meet your specific requirements. Despite providing frictionless listing services, Listwithfreedom charges a 0.25 percent hidden fee. They do have some additional benefits, such as unlimited listing revisions but their interface is tough to use.
Listwithfreedom.com vs FSBO.com
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
Listwithfreedom.com vs Traditional agents
The primary distinction between the two is their role in the sales process. Listwithfreedom.com acts as your broker, listing your property on the MLS. Their sole responsibility is to keep your listing up to date. A traditional agent interprets a purchase offer, completes your disclosures, negotiates on your behalf, and assists with the settlement
Simply said, listwithfreedom.com might not be the best place to start if you’re a first-time seller.
👉 For Sale By Owner Websites: Find out America’s Best For Sale By Owner Websites
Other Options You Should Consider
1. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers make an offer on your property within 24-48 hours and can close within 7 days or more. Most iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad are also known to offer the Fair Market Value (FMV) for your property.
Selling to an iBuyer has certain significant drawbacks. These include:
- Limited coverage, restricted to metro and urban areas
- Strict eligibility criteria without exceptions
- Non-negotiable offers
- 5% service fee
- 2% – 8% repair costs
⭐ Our Take: We recommend iBuyers if your house meets the iBuyer company’s eligibility criteria.
👉 iBuyer Reviews: Check out rankings, pros, cons & alternatives of top iBuyers in America
2. Sell to “We Buy Homes for Cash” Companies
Unlike iBuyers, “We buy homes for cash” companies help you sell your house as-is fast. They can even close within 7 days or any date you choose. “We buy homes for cash” companies also make cash offers for homes outside metro areas or in difficult-to-sell locations.
Here’s why traditional cash home buyers could be a bad option for you than an iBuyer:
- They make lowball offers and offer only 50% – 70% of market value.
- Their offers are non-negotiable
⭐ Our Take: We recommend selling to a cash home buyer if you are selling a distressed house “as-is” without looking for the best price.
👉 “We Buy Homes for Cash” Companies: Check out America’s biggest cash home buyer companies in 2023
“We Buy Homes for Cash” Companies Near You
3. Sell FSBO With Flat Fee MLS Services
Listing with a Flat Fee MLS service gets your house on the market within just 24-48 hours. Selling For Sale By Owner has increased substantially in the past few years, with 77% of FSBO homes being sold in less than 2 weeks.
Flat Fee MLS is one of the best ways to sell your house fast, and it has 4 major benefits:
- MLS is the fastest way to hit the market, plus your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, etc.
- Your listing gets maximum exposure.
- You can negotiate all offers.
- You skip paying commission or service fees.
⭐ Our Take: We recommend Flat Fee MLS companies for most home sellers. They are fast, and you will save thousands in commissions.
👉 For Sale By Owner Websites: Check out the rankings for America’s best FSBO websites
Bottomline: Should You List with Listwithfreedom.com?
There has been a seismic shift in the US housing market, with a large influx of sellers bypassing traditional real estate agents and selling through MLS listing companies. You can save thousands of dollars on real estate agent commissions if you list on Listwithfreedom.com. However, you will be paying a higher buyer agent commission than other listing companies.
That is why we suggest you look into some other companies offering flat fee MLS listing services. Many other brokers, such as Houzeo, have an upfront flat fee and offer additional benefits of 100% online transactions, a powerful dashboard that is ideal for beginners, and full seller assistance to get you the best price for your home.
More Resources for Home Sellers
- How to Sell a House by Owner: Know the ins and outs of selling a house on your own in America in our comprehensive guide.
- Companies That Buy Houses For Cash: Home sellers have less paperwork and inspections when they opt to sell their houses for cash. Learn everything you need to know about the 13 best cash companies in the USA.
- Selling a House as is: Selling a house “as is” is the best option for home sellers who want to save time and money. Here is a handful of information that you need to know beforehand.
- Best Realtors in the US: Realtors make your real estate journey smooth and hassle-free. Check out our rankings of the best realtors in the USA.
Frequently Asked Questions about Listwithfreedom.com
1. Will your contact information be displayed on the MLS?
In contrast to websites such as Realtor.com, your contact information will be displayed alongside the MLS listing. This enables agents to contact you regarding buyer negotiations.
2. Can you cancel your MLS listing?
Yes, your MLS listing can be cancelled with no additional fees. Having said that, you will not receive any refunds after the property is listed.
3. Does List with Freedom have hidden fees?
Yes. They deduct 0.25% of the buyer agent commission as a compliance fee. In addition, many List with freedom reviews online state that they charge an additional 0.1% commission in some states.
4. Is List with Freedom legit?
Yes, Listwithfreedom.com Inc is a legitimate listing company in the United States serviceable in most US states. Unlike the traditional selling route, List With Freedom lists your property on the MLS for an upfront fee. In Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee, Listwithfreedom is a licensed real estate brokerage. In other areas, it partners with flat fee brokers for listing services.
Related: Top Real Estate Companies, listwithfreedom, listwithfreedom reviews, list with freedom.com, listing with freedom, listwithfreedom.com inc, listwithfreedom.com reviews, what is list with freedom, list with freedom real estate, list for freedom, ralph harvey list with freedom, list with freedom bbb, is list with freedom , freedom mls, list freedom, list with freedom phone number, freedom to list, listwith freedom, houzeo reviews, ralph harvey listwithfreedom.com, listwithfreedom.com inc, listwithfreedom.com ralph m harvey, flatfeemlslisting com reviews, List with Freedom reviews BBB, is list with freedom legit, listwithfreedom.com, inc., list with freedom ralph harvey, listwithfreedom com, listwithfreedom com inc, listwithfreedom reviews, list with freedom, list with freedom.com, list with freedom real estate, listwithfreedom, listwithfreedom.com, listing with freedom, listwithfreedom com, listwithfreedom com inc, list with freedom ralph harvey, ralph harvey list with freedom, best flat fee listing service, best flat fee mls, best flat fee mls listing service,
best flat fee mls service, best mls listing service, by owner flat fee mls, flat fee for sale by owner, flat fee home listing, flat fee listing, flat fee listing companies, flat fee listing mls, flat fee listing on mls, flat fee listing service, flat fee mls, flat fee mls broker, flat fee mls companies, flat fee mls listing, flat fee mls listing for sale by owner, flat fee mls listing near me, flat fee mls listing reviews, flat fee mls listing service, flat fee mls listing service reviews, flat fee mls listings, flat fee mls realtor, flat fee mls realty, flat fee mls service, flat fee mls vs realtor, flat fee real estate listing, flat rate mls listing, flat-fee mls, flatfeemls, for sale by owner mls listing service reviews, fsbo mls, fsbo mls listing, fsbo mls listing reviews, homezu.com reviews, how much is a flat fee mls listing, how much to list on mls, list for flat fee, list your home on mls flat fee, listed simply reviews
mls flat fee, mls flat fee listing, mls flat fee listings, mls listing flat fee, mls listing service flat fee, ralph harvey listwithfreedom.com, what is the best mls listing service, alternative to mls, best fsbo mls service, can i get on the mls without a realtor, can i list my home on mls, can i list my home on mls without a realtor, can i list my house on mls without a realtor, flat fee real estate, flat fee realtor, flat fee realtors, flat fee realty, flat rate realtor, flat rate realtors, for sale by owner mls, for sale by owner mls listing, for sale by owner nc, homezu reviews, houzeo google reviews, houzeo review, houzeo reviews, how do i get an mls listing without a realtor, how do i list my house on mls, list on mls, listing agents near me, mls listing service, house cash buyersList With Freedom Reviews Real Estate Reviews